Re: Affero General Public License

http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Florian Weimer wrote:
It seems that web.py does not include the source transmission facility
mentioned in the AGPL.  As a result, the additional clause is void,
and the license should be DFSG-free.

This is an interesting question. Is a work free if some modifications are permitted, but would make the resulting work non-free? If I add the capability to web.py to deliver full source, that derived work would be non-free.

I'd lean toward non-free because the license restriction triggers automatically if a derived work adds that functionality. But I'll admit this is a twist I haven't fully digested.