Re: Squiz.net Open Source License - is it free?

Totally non-free.  The notice requirement is enough.

There are other requirements which are dangerously insane too, such as the
requirement to assign copyright and patent rights in derivative works to
them.  (!)  In the US, this means that it requires you to mail a paper
document to them, which I'm pretty sure qualifies as a fee.

It also bans you from suing them for *anything*, including totally unrelated
topics (say, they killed your cat), which is obviously non-free, and is even
worse than I've ever seen in a proprietary EULA.

Don't touch this monstrosity.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

[Insert famous quote here]