Re: License terms for latex-mk

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 04:05:49PM +0100, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:

> I am considering packaging latex-mk
> (http://latex-mk.sourceforge.net/) for Debian.  I am appending below
> its copyright notice.  I think it is DFSG-compliant, but I am unsure
> about item 3 and 4.  Comments are appreciated.

Seems to be the standard BSD 4-clause license. Clause 4 is completely
fine, clause 3 is annoying and imposes a burden on redistribution but
generally considered free, AFAIK. I wasn't around before June 1999,
but I expect Debian distributed material under this license back
then. We discourage it, but it is border-line OK.

--
Lionel