This isn't in Debian yet but a couple of projects (1 LGPL and 1 GPL) I
am trying to package include files from the Unicode site.
The file header is:
* Copyright 2001-2004 Unicode, Inc.
* This source code is provided as is by Unicode, Inc. No claims are
* made as to fitness for any particular purpose. No warranties of any
* kind are expressed or implied. The recipient agrees to determine
* applicability of information provided. If this file has been
* purchased on magnetic or optical media from Unicode, Inc., the
* sole remedy for any claim will be exchange of defective media
* within 90 days of receipt.
* Limitations on Rights to Redistribute This Code
* Unicode, Inc. hereby grants the right to freely use the information
* supplied in this file in the creation of products supporting the
* Unicode Standard, and to make copies of this file in any form
* for internal or external distribution as long as this notice
* remains attached.
My instinct (IANAL) is that this isn't GPL or LGPL compatible because it
doesn't explicitly permit modification but the phrase 'use the
information supplied in this file...' is a bit ambiguous.
Should I go ahead and look for alternative implementations or would this
be accepted in Debian in a GPL or LGPL licensed package?