Re: Oracle Instant Client

On 12/30/05, Piotr Roszatycki <dexter@n1.pl> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to reditribute the Oracle Instant
> Client in Debian's non-free archive.

This is old, but I didn't see any responses to this.  So I'll spell out what
I think is the obvious answer:

This is really up to Oracle, but with this license we can't.

It says:

"You may not: ...  give the Programs, ... to any individual or entity except
as provided under this agreement;"

And the agreement specifies a number of conditions which we can't
provide, such as

"Your distribution of such Programs shall at a minimum ... prohibit (a)
the end user from ... giving, or transferring the Programs ... to another
individual or entity ..."

--
Raul