Re: Question on GPL compliance

Michael Poole wrote:
Section 3 of the GPL does not seem to permit that:

    If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering
    access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent
    access to copy the source code from the same place counts as
    distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not
    compelled to copy the source along with the object code.

Shipping a CD is not offering access to copy from a designated place,
so an equivalent offer is not relevant.

Alright, thanks. I guess we'll ship two CDs then. I am very risk adverse and I don't want to worry about the sources.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org