Re: GPL v3 Draft

On 1/17/06, neroden@fastmail.fm <neroden@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> How does this apply to GPL-incompatible shell scripts and 'bash'?  Doesn't it
> mean that GPL-incompatible shell scripts using bashisms are in violation of
> the GPL?  I think it does.  I'm OK with that.  Other people might not be,
> though.

It doesn't, because shell scripts aren't *combined* with bash, they
are *read* by bash. They  are just data like any other text file. e.g.
my OpenOffice file is not under the GPL, I'm not violating it though.
Also there are a lot of proprietary scripts for Perl, Python, PHP,
etc., which are not in violation.

Andrew

--
Andrew Donnellan