Re: Proposed license for IETF Contributions

Francesco Poli <frx@winstonsmith.info> writes:

> You seem to have missed one occurrence of "unauthorized redistributed".
> I would suggest suppressing "unauthorized" there...

Ah, right.  When doing that, I realized we could make it even more
readable.  Here is the latest updated version:

    c.  The Contributor grants third parties the irrevocable
        right to copy, use and distribute the Contribution, with
        or without modification, in any medium, without royalty,
        provided that, unless separate permission is granted,
        redistributed modified works:

             (a) do not contain misleading author, version, name
                 of work, or endorsement information, and

             (b) do not claim endorsement of the modified work by the
                 Contributor, or any organization the Contributor
                 belongs to, the Internet Engineering Task Force
                 (IETF), Internet Research Task Force (IRTF), Internet
                 Engineering Steering Group (IESG), Internet
                 Architecture Board (IAB), Internet Assigned Numbers
                 Authority (IANA), Internet Society (ISOC), Request
                 For Comments (RFC) Editor, or any combination or
                 variation of such terms (including without limitation
                 the IETF "4 diamonds" logo), or any terms that are
                 confusingly similar thereto, and

             (c) remove any claims of status as an Internet Standard,
                 including without limitation removing the RFC
                 boilerplate.

        The IETF suggests that any citation or excerpt of
        unmodified text reference the RFC or other document from
        which the text is derived.

Thanks,
Simon