Re: Rules for submitting licenses for review

On 8/24/05, Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Section 7 of the OGL also states that:
>
> "You agree not to indicate compatibility or co-adaptability with any
> Trademark or Registered Trademark in conjunction with a work
> containing Open Game Content except as expressly licensed in another,
> independent Agreement with the owner of such Trademark or Registered
> Trademark."
>
> In other words, it discriminates against the legitimate field of
> endeavour of writing games and other works compatible with other
> trademarked works. Please also see my notes on restrictions on
> software usage.

This might be a real issue, but I'm not certain about that.

Essentially they're saying that you can't use other people's trademarks
without their permission.

What this *probably* really means (and probably should say) is that
this license is not a grant of trademark rights.  It's probably the case
that that's how a court would interpret that clause.

Then again, it's probably ok to suggest that they make this clearer.

Thanks,

--
Raul