Re: [PEAR-QA] Re: [PEAR-DEV] Re: [PEAR-QA] PHP License

Can you please make this another thread, this is outside the scope of the original message :)

Arnaud.

Ian Eure wrote:

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 09:34 pm, Justin Patrin wrote:
On 8/23/05, Ian Eure <ieure@php.net> wrote:
On Tuesday 23 August 2005 05:46 pm, Joe Stump wrote:
I agree. I never understood why we used the PHP license over, say,
the BSD or LGPL (which both fit library level type code a lot better
IMO). To have the license require distribution of PHP is a little
odd. What I'm a tad more confused about is why anyone would maintain
their packages through apt instead of pear.

pear upgrade Package_Name

- or -

pear upgrade-all

Translates about as well as "apt-get install php4-pear-package-name"
I would think.