Re: Rules for submitting licenses for review

Francesco Poli <frx@winstonsmith.info> wrote:
> Trying other 'forums' will probably produce a *different* answer.
> We use the DFSG as the guidelines to determine if a work is free or not.
> Other groups/foundations/projects use *different* criteria.

Maybe, but there's not really much difference in result most times.

> I'm referring to well-known cases such as Debian and FSF disagreeing
> about the GFDL, and similar ones.

Do they? FSF don't claim it's a free software licence, but that the
desire for it to be one isn't sensible (or something like that).

Anyway, yes, non-program licences and patent-related problems are
things where debian-legal has a slightly different opinion to FSF
leadership, but most aren't about those, licence proliferation is
bad and we've done "what licence for text" to death in the archive.

--
MJR/slef