Re: Font licencing

On 8/13/05, Daniel Stone <daniel@fooishbar.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 01:42:31AM +0000, roucaries bastien wrote:
> > If you want to use the previous exeption put also in human readable
> > form the following credit in your file before the licence: ''This
> > software use a /OtherSubrs function that use the following licence:''.
> > If you do not wish to use this exeption, delete this exception
> > statement from your version.
> I'd just like to say -- please don't write your own licences.  There are
> a number of existing, very good, licences, which have been written and
> vetted by numerous excellent lawyers, and stood the test of time, and
> they still have some unresolved issues and ambiguities.  Adding to the
> plethora of licences already out there does not improve this situation,
> and frequently doesn't achieve your goals due to loopholes in the bits
> you added or changed (as above).  It only makes it more confusing for
> application writers, who have to work out how ten bajillion separate and
> entirely well-intentioned exceptions and modifications work together and
> interact.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Thank you that do you think about zlib licence about a font? I know it
is a little bit weird. Do you have objection?

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty.  In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this software.

Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
freely, subject to the following restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
    claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
    in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
    appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
    misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution