Re: LGPL module linked with a GPL lib

I wrote:
> ....  RMS may sincerely
> believe that the GPL is a successful hack around contract law and the
> limits courts have imposed on other software copyright holders; but I
> don't see how a court could possibly agree with him.

Not to be paranoid or anything, but a reminder-disclaimer:  The GPL
clearly is, and in my non-lawyer view should be, enforceable on people
who make and distribute copies of GPLed software, modified or not.  It
just doesn't, as written, and in my view shouldn't no matter how it is
written, compel the use of the GPL on software whose relationship to a
GPL work is a matter of economics and engineering (through a published
API) rather than modified or adapted expressive content.

Tiredly,
- Michael