Re: Does DFSG#2 apply to non-programs? [was: Re: generated source files, GPL and DFSG]

* Raul Miller (moth.debian@gmail.com) [050727 18:45]:
> On 7/27/05, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> > Uh, I don't?  I said that the other guidelines are *applicable* to
> > non-program works, and *should be applied* to non-program works -- not that,
> > as presently written, we are obliged to apply them to non-program works.
>
> I'd prefer to approach this issue from a different direction.
>
> The point behind the DFSG is that we need to be able to solve problems
> in the stuff we distribute.

Sorry, but I disagree. The point behind the DFSG is that our priorities
are our users and the free software community, according to our social contract.

Cheers,
Andi