Re: generated source files, GPL and DFSG

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 11:56:01PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Andreas Barth:
>
> > Actually, the DFSG says:
> > | 2. Source Code
> > |
> > | The program must include source code, and must allow distribution in
> > | source code as well as compiled form.
> >
> > Obviously e.g. fonts are no programms, even if they are in main.

> It's clear from the context (and previous discussion) that this has to
> be interpreted as "software".

No, it isn't.  Considering we went through all the effort of a GR to amend
the DFSG and this still says "program", not "software", I don't see how you
can claim it *has* to be read as "software".  (And there are fewer instances
of the word "software" in the DFSG after the revision than there were
before, anyway...)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer