Re: generated source files, GPL and DFSG

23.07.2005 pisze Florian Weimer (fw@deneb.enyo.de):

> > What difference does upstream intent make to the freedoms that our users
> > receive?

> If upstreams sues you, the freedoms granted by the license texts don't
> matter much.  A court case is a great inconvenience, even if the
> defendant wins in the end.

Are you missing the point deliberately?

The question was: if we have two examples of source code; one stripped
of comments by obfuscation and the second one written without comments,
both released under the same Free Software license, how do you tell,
which one is free and which one is not?

Jubal, eagerly awaiting the precious moment when we'll require the full
internal documentation of any software released before considering it
free.

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

             Tact, n.:
                     The unsaid part of what you're thinking.