Re: generated source files, GPL and DFSG

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> That depends.  I can see two scenarios: either they removed these constants
> from their own codebase, and that's how they now maintain it; or they pass
> the code through a filter to remove these constants before distributing it
> to the world.

It's the latter.

> I believe there have been long flamewars about this code, which I havn't
> followed, and I don't have time to investigate this particular case in
> detail.  (So, please be reasonable and not ask me to file bugs against
> packages, when doing so would commit myself to participating in another
> resurrected flamewar.)

I'm asking you to be willing to accept the consequences of the opinion
you hold, which (in this case) is inevitably going to be some large
amount of irritation from other members of the project.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org