Re: Alternatives to the Affero General Public License

O Martes, 21 de Xuño de 2005 ás 20:07:36 -0700, Gregor Richards escribía:

> In response section 6:
> (So that I can reference, the full section:)
> 6.  Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the
> Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the
> original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to
> these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions
> on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not
> responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this License.
>   It seems to me that the license from the original licensor would
>   include this new term/condition, as that is how (s)he licensed it.

 If you look closely, it says "subject to these terms and conditions" and
"the rights granted herein", not "subject to the same terms and conditions
under which you received the Program" nor "the rights granted to you".

>   I of course can't make an entirely new license based on the GNU GPL
>   without FSF's permission, so is there any way that a term could be added
>   at all?

 You can, if you remove the preamble.

 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#ModifyGPL

> I don't see how this hinders said dissident at all.  If said dissident
> has to send the entire source, (s)he as already made it available
> through some computer network.

 Made *what* available? An interface to the program, not the program itself,
like in the GPL.

>  If said dissident made it available on a public computer network, they
> have already incriminated themselves

 Not necessarily. For example, in a CMS for dissidents, the source code
might include "workflow" code that reflects the structure of the dissident
organization (for example, the text is written then sent for approval to the
local coordinator, then to the regional coordinator, then it is published
and a copy is sent to the pamphlet printers). The source code now contains
information which is not present in the user interface but is incriminating.

--
   Jacobo Tarrío     |     http://jacobo.tarrio.org/