Re: MPlayer revisited

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 03:25:19PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Diego Biurrun <diego@biurrun.de> wrote:
> > I surely hope we're not at the point where constructive dialog has
> > become impossible.  I ask all of you to judge my words on their merit
> > and not past statements made by other people.
>
> I think we're not, but I don't know whether either mplayer
> developers or debian developers can convince a ftpmaster
> (which is where this tab stops) about this issue, or we
> have to wait for a legal brain to comment.

Specifically, it doesn't help that mplayer developers have pretty much
run their credibility into the ground by now.

After countless rounds of "It's free now!" "Here's six more blatant
abuses, three of which you already knew about [references]" "Fuck
off", I'm not overly surprised that people are disinclined to believe
them.

Unfortunately we don't have a good solution to the problem of dealing
with a package where upstream are untrustworthy lying bastards.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |