Re: New 'Public Domain' Licence

On 6/11/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sitecom and Fortinet cases).  But in order to demonstrate standing,
> they're going to have to identify a work of authorship, not totally
> subsumed in the Linux kernel development process, on which their
> contribution rises to the level of co-author, as Harald Welte did with
> respect to netfilter/iptables.

Many contributors to the linux kernel maintain and publish their own
copies of a source tree as independent works.  Only a small fraction
of that work is incorporated into the "official" kernels.

[Note: I'm not attempting to respond to every individual concept from
that quoted sentence, I'm focussing on the first two clauses.]

--
Raul