Re: MPlayer revisited

Diego Biurrun <diego@biurrun.de> wrote: [...]
> My problem is that ftpmasters are ephemeral creatures that are very hard
> to come by.

I think that's a common feeling about delegates.  I think it's
linked to 26 developers holding two or more organisational roles
(and two have 7 each).

> [...] At CeBIT I finally spoke
> with Jörg Jaspert, who is an ftpmaster assistant, but - as far as i
> understood him - he does not have authority to make any final decisions.

Then I don't understand Jörg Jaspert's role at all. He is listed
on http://www.uk.debian.org/intro/organization as handling NEW.
Matthew Garrett's description of ftpmastering doesn't seem to
describe these FTP assistants.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/02/msg00184.html

> So would it perhaps be possible to put me in direct contact with an
> ftpmaster?  Direct communication does wonders when it comes to clearing
> up confusion and uncertainty.

You're preaching to the converted here, but I believe I'm mostly
ignored by the three ftpmasters on that list with higher status
than Jörg Jaspert. That is partly why I usually work on ITPs,
bug reports and external questions. Their email address is
ftpmaster@debian.org if you want to see whether you can find
out what they'd like you to provide.

--
MJR/slef