Re: [Debtags-devel] Re: Creating a Debtags 'license' facet

Hi,
after (barely) catching up by just word-scanning some mails (I don't
have the time to read all my mail - I might not have net access for
the next two weeks again, travelling around in an RV through national
parks), just a few ideas by me:

How about making the tags titled:

"Contains files with 'attribution' requirements"
"Contains files with 'share-alike' requirements"
and maybe
"Is fully public domain"

Basically, we should be able to map typical restrictions - and GPL
does have restrictions, as anyone here should know - to tags. It
should be made clear, that this doesn't remove the need to check the
actual licences, though...

Using this "contains files with restriction X" approach, having
packages with different licences used in them should be possible. As
should users be able to "filter out" certain things they do not
accept.
The "must not modify licence" thing of course is a special issue...

just my $.02

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\