Re: [WASTE-dev-public] Do not package WASTE! UNAUTHORIZED SOFTWARE [Was: Re: Questions about waste licence and code.]

On 5/19/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> The GPL is anomalous in that the drafter has published a widely
> believed, but patently false, set of claims about its legal basis in
> the "FSF FAQ".

For the record, I disagree that this faq is "patently false".

It is, in places, a bit simplistic, but I wouldn't advise anyone
delve into those fine points of law unless they've retained
the services of a lawyer (at which point the FAQ is merely
an interesting commentary -- it has less weight than
professional advice).

Furthermore, that FAQ is far and away better than anything
you've proposed.

--
Raul