Re: Trademark license compatibility with GPL and/or DFSG

> I'm not at all sure that all advertising or guarantee restrictions are
> unacceptable to us.

Yes ;-)

It was a poor choice of words on my part. I had intended that to mean
any advertising or guarantee restrictions of the kind outlined in my
original email (viz. trademarks on the splash screen and all
documentation, marketing and promotional materials, and a guarantee of
protocol compliance).

> Asking that we rename the software if and when it's no longer a
> driver for the trademarked technology seems reasonable, and
> within the bounds of the DFSG.  Since it's not a copyright
> issue (the copies can still be freely modified and distributed,
> regardless -- the GPL doesn't require that active fraud
> be legal), I don't think this would be a GPL issue, either.

Okay. I will let them know.

Thank you,

Nicholas