Re: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

Raul Miller wrote:

On 5/12/05, Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
I will do my "repeated assertion" act: It's a dynamically linked
executable, for the love of $DEITY!

Which makes it a collective work. Collective works can be eligible for copyright protection, even if the only creative effort that went
into them is the selection and arrangement of their contents.
DY-NA-MI-CA-LLY. It does not contain any part of any other work. How can it be a collective work?

You can argue that hello_world is insufficiently creative to
be eligible for copyright protection, but that argument can't
hold in the general case.
No, I was considering hello_world sufficiently creative for the sake of argument.