Re: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

On 5/12/05, Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
> I will do my "repeated assertion" act: It's a dynamically linked
> executable, for the love of $DEITY!

Which makes it a collective work.  Collective works can be eligible
for copyright protection, even if the only creative effort that went
into them is the selection and arrangement of their contents.

You can argue that hello_world is insufficiently creative to
be eligible for copyright protection, but that argument can't
hold in the general case.

--
Raul