Re: GPL and linking (was: Urgently need GPL compatible libsnmp5-dev replacement :-()

On 5/9/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I have to admit it didn't occur to me that anyone might think my
> opinion represented an opposite consensus.  More widely recognized
> debian-legal personages such as Raul and Andrew seem to think I'm an
> idiot or a troll, and to have no particular compunction about telling
> d-d so.  (For the record, I am neither, thank you very much.)

I apologize for any statements of mine where my frustration at
the arguments you were presenting came across as negative
characterization of you as a person.

> To whom it may concern: my debian-legal and debian-devel postings on
> the topic of the GPL are Copyright (C) Michael K. Edwards 2004, 2005
> (as applicable), All Rights Reserved, and you plagiarize them at your
> peril.  I am not a lawyer or legally qualified to any degree in any
> jurisdiction, and everything I say is at least a little bit wrong.
> Any use you make of evidence I cite, or of the ideas contained in an
> argument I make, is without my consent or personal involvement and at
> your own risk unless you can exhibit a signed, notarized written
> agreement to the contrary.

I'm going to ignore that.

As I read it, what you've said here is that you'll take legal action
against people who respond to your email messages in a fashion
you don't approve of. If you have not intention of participating in
this community and actively wish it harm, we would have to
configure our email servers to prevent you from sending messages
to them, and we might have to get a legal injunction against you
in the state of your residence barring you from posting to these
forums.

Intent matters, to the law.

--
Raul