Re: Creative Commons license summary (version 4)

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 11:47:27AM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Evan Prodromou <evan@bad.dynu.ca> wrote:
>
> > 	http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html
> > 	http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.txt
>
> Would it be possible to put a copy somewhere else while gluck is down?

Argh. Gluck seems to be back in business, but there's a copy here, too:

      http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/ccsummary/ccsummary.html
      http://bad.dynu.ca/~evan/ccsummary/ccsummary.txt

Probably worth pointing out that 8 April is tomorrow. We should be
getting a response from Creative Commons then, and I'd like to get the
rest of the machinery in motion afterwards.

I think the two big sticking points right now are:

  * _Trademark_. I think we all consider it worth correcting, but
    there are some folks who think that the problems aren't sufficient
    to consider the CC licenses non-free. I'd appreciate if we can
    come to some kind of compromise text. Maybe something along the
    lines of, "We realize that this is not part of the license, but we
    are concerned whether any of this language is binding on the
    licensee or licensor. If so, we can't consider the license +
    license use restrictions free."

  * _Recommendation for new anti-DRM section_. I've put in a
    suggestion for having an anti-DRM clause that meets our
    requirements (free to choose who receives, free to use whatever
    format as long as parallel format available), but I'm not sure it
    meets everyone's approval. It would be good to close this off.

Otherwise, I think we're doing well. Thanks to everyone who's commented.

~Evan