Re: mozilla thunderbird trademark restrictions / still dfsg free?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 01:13:35AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:

> > Because part of the Mozilla Foundation's strategy to raise enough money
> > to employ people to work on the code involves leveraging the name. I
> > think this is great - because it's not a model which restricts the
> > freedom of the code. [...]
>
> You wrote this, but you claimed that it stops the default search
> engine being changed away from my favourite invite spammers g**gl*
> - is this a contradiction?

It would seem to me that if you want to distribute a version of mozilla
with a different default search, then it is reasonable to require that
you do not call it mozilla or use any of their trademarks.

After all, the same kind of thing is fine for TeX, LaTeX, Apache....

Cheers,

Nick