Re: Policy on code covered by patents but not compiled?

Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Many people can not legally use the patented techniques.
> By making it easier to use the formats which require patented
> implementation (for both those who can use it legally, and for those
> who wish to ignore the law)  creates an environment where use of these
> formats continues to flourish.  This causes harm to those who can not
> or will not break the law to use these formats.
[snip open formats advocacy]

Please publish essays of this nature somewhere else. I subscribe to this
list for the legal discussions, not for moral lectures; I prefer not to
receive the latter in my mailbox. I will not comment on whether I agree
with your views, but this list is not an appropriate avenue for
expressing them.

regards,
Graue