"License: Perl" considered harmful [Was: "Python" license]

One thing that came up when I was emailing Mark was that I didn't have
(or couldn't find) a stock document I could point to about why "Licensed
under the same terms as foo" is bad. That's a shame, because I know I've
seen the issue come up here and on other lists before.

So, I've written a rough draft of such a document, at
http://people.debian.org/~piman/real-license.html . I'd appreciate
suggestions, as well as more concrete cases where people have seen
broken "licensed under the same terms as foo" statements. I'm sure
licensing problems aren't restricted to only popular languages. :)
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>