Re: Proposed license for IETF Contributions

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:04:58 +0100 Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:39:34PM +0100, Francesco Poli wrote:
[...]
> > > s/unauthorized redistributed/redistributed unofficial/  , I would
> > > say...
> > > The term "unauthorized" makes me think about a license violation,
> > > which is not what is meant here, IIUC.
> > Agree; I considered suggesting "not explicitly authorized".
>
> I agree, and I'm using the wording suggested by Nathanael; "without
> separate permission".
>
> > I would also suggest to remove the preface "This specifically
> > implies, for instance, that", and just use the additional "don't
> > imply endorsement" phrase.
>
> Agreed.  I have changed the complete license to:
>
>     c.  The Contributor grants third parties the irrevocable
>         right to copy, use and distribute the Contribution, with
>         or without modification, in any medium, without royalty,
>         provided that unauthorized redistributed modified works
>         do not contain misleading author, version, name of work,
>         or endorsement information.  Without separate permission,
>         redistributed modified works must (a) not claim
>         endorsement of the modified work by the IETF, IESG, IANA,
>         IAB, ISOC, RFC Editor, or any similar organization, and
>         (b) remove any claims of status as an Internet Standard,
>         for example, by removing the RFC boilerplate.  The IETF
>         suggests that any citation or excerpt of unmodified text
>         reference the RFC or other document from which the text
>         is derived.

You seem to have missed one occurrence of "unauthorized redistributed".
I would suggest suppressing "unauthorized" there...

--
    :-(   This Universe is buggy! Where's the Creator's BTS?   ;-)
  Francesco Poli                             GnuPG Key ID = DD6DFCF4