Re: Releasing software sponsored by an employer

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:13:34AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> It's easy as pie.  You don't release it; the *company* releases it.  Use
> the usual "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Program", but put the
> *company* name in <name of author>
[snip]
> Put that notice in the software.  Get the company to sign off on it, and
> you're done.
>
> (Ideally, someone authorized to act for the company would sign a paper
> copy of the above statement; it's not necessary, but it would be 'ironclad
> proof' that the company really did this).

Thanks to everyone who mentioned having the company license the software
with a signed copy of the license declaration to back it up. That's exactly
what I'm looking for, particularly the signed paper copy so it's explicit
that the licensing has the their blessing.

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,