Re: Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL) for Debian

Hi,

I'm not sure I understood everything, but at least I interpreted it so
that I should try to download the software and see which license terms are
exactly coming with it. So that's what I did, and I think now the
situation is clear:

1. "4.  Governing Law.  This License is governed by the
laws of the United States and the State of California,
as applied to contracts entered into and performed in
California between California residents.  In no event
shall this License be construed against the drafter.  "
So that I understand I would place myself under californian juridiction.

2. below the actual license terms are the actual caveats:
" JAXB RI contains following Sun software products:

   1. XML Schema Object Model 20050225
   2. Java Activation Framework 1.0.2
   3. Sun Multi-Schema Validator 1.2.2

XMLSchema Object Model 20050225 and Sun Multi-Schema Validator 1.2.2 are
governed by the Binary Code License Agreement including its applicable
Supplemental Terms and Conditions ("BCL").

Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable to portions of
the Software are set forth in the Third Party License Readme file.

Use of the JSR 173 Streaming API for XML (StAX) Specification is subject
to a license from BEA Systems available at
http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=173 "
So, it looks for me like I can forget about it (AFAIK the BCL is
definitively not free).

So, unless someone has a different opinion, I'll drop it definitively.

Thanks for the help, Eric

--
N/A signature