Re: Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL) for Debian

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 18:56, Dalibor Topic wrote:
--cut--
> > A possible resolution seems to be a per-case basis, but again it is too
> > far from feasible to predict how a certain jurisdiction will
> > change/evolve thru the time. I personally dislike such possible
> > hard-to-predict legal 'shifting sands'.
> >
> > The best resolution (for me) is to wait for the next version of the
> > license... Sun will possibly re-think these buggers over the time I
> > hope... as they improved the old solaris licenses if I recall corectly...
>
> Sun may update the CDDL eventually, afaict from the discussion
> about the CDDL-derviative licenses (V-something, the name escapes me) on
> the OSI license-discuss mailing lists.

Any links to these discussions because my googling failed ? Thanks.

p.s. I'm really interested to see some CDDL software ported to GNU/Linux, e.g.
snoop and/or dtrace to name a few.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB