Re: Global IP Sound iLBC Public License, v2.0 - IETF Version

MJ Ray wrote:
George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

Choice of venue, which I regard as ability to cause payment for use.
This choice of law and venue makes the Quebec clause seem odd.

The Province of Quebec language laws require, amongst other things, that all legal documentation be available in French and English unless the contracting parties explicitly agree to do business in one or the other language.
I expect the original licensor has an office in Quebec and learnt they needed to do this and applies it automatically.

regards Dave