Is "VIGRA Artistic License" licence free and GPL-compatible ?

Since someone want to package[1] Vigra library[2], I wan't to know if VIGRA
Artistic License[3] is DFSG compatible and if I can use this library in a
GPL'ed program.

As far as I can see, this licence is free, but not compatible with GPL,
because of :
"4. You may otherwise modify your copy of this Library in any way,
    provided that you insert a prominent notice in each changed file"

But I'm not a lawyer, and it's why I want your point of view.

Thanks.

[1] : http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=251616
[2] : http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/
[3] : http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/vigra/LICENSE