Re: CDDL, OpenSolaris, Choice-of-venue and the star package ...

Scripsit Matthew Garrett <mjg59@srcf.ucam.org>
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 07:31:39PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:

>> The difference is that if you have accepted a choice-of-venue license,
>> the sociopath can present his local venue with proof that it has
>> jurisdisction. That makes a difference, however much you try to deny it.

> If it's a frivolous case, it makes no difference. You'll have to turn up
> to either:
>
> (a) debunk the claim that there is jurisdiction, or

I think that most sane courts (I assume the nominated venue is sane)
will of its own accord verify that it has jurisdiction before it
schedules a case.

If there is no evidence for jurisdiction in the case, the defendant
will never even hear of the suit.

--
Henning Makholm                       "Man vælger jo selv sine forbilleder."