Re: Dissident test

Sven Luther writes:

>> >Which is not part of the DFSG, so it does not matter.
>> >

>> The Dissident test is a test for DFSG #5, so it does matter. See:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.net/?DissidentTest
>> http://people.debian.org/~bap/dfsg-faq.html
>
> Can we go back to interpreting the DFSG and the licence in real terms, instead
> of blindingly trying to apply random strange tests ?

Can we please not interpret DFSG#5 as saying "A license may not
discriminate against any person or group of persons unless somebody
thinks such discrimination is acceptable"?

DFSG#5 is very plain and very broad: it prohibits discrimination
against *any* person or group.  If you think it should be narrowed,
propose an amendment to the SC.

Michael Poole