Re: generated source files, GPL and DFSG

Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> Practicalities aren't a primary issue.  If it's not a practical form for
> modification, it's probably not preferred by anyone, either--but if I really
> do prefer an "unpractical" form to modify a program, then it's still my
> source, and your definition is wrong.

Why do you believe we require source code for everything in main?
Because it's there? Or because we believe the recipients should be able
to create derived works and learn how the software functions?
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org