Re: quake2 and german youth protection law

Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> wrote:
> Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> writes:
> > As a next step, I think we should tell the german mirror ftp admin
> > about our conclusions, if we agree on the legal matters.
>
> Hm. Nobody seems to disagree, right?

This was on the end of a very long email originally, so I don't
think you can tell much from lack of disagreement.  Disagree with
what, anyway? You have posted little about what you intend to
say. I suspect my conclusions are different to yours:

I am strongly against directing the German mirror admins about
such an unclear problem. If you want to send them a "this law
may be a problem" statement, fine, but maybe that should go
through debian-mirrors and/or debian-user-german.

It would probably be helpful to ask FFII's German branches
about this. My German isn't good enough to write that.
http://bb.ffii.org/ http://muenchen.ffii.org/

> I will inform the german mirror admin tomorrow.

There are around 25 mirrors in Germany that we know about.

--
MJR/slef