Re: Linux mark extortion

On 6/18/05, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:
> I disagree with Bruce's opening of this discussion with the word
> "extortion", but frankly it seems to be a rather succinct description
> of what you just described.

Succinct, sure.

There are alternative words that could have been just as succinct and
considerably more accurate.

Anyways, userlinux represents itself as an authority on what is and
is not Linux, in some official sense.  As long as they're not saying
what we and our users are allowed to do, I have no problem with
that.  If LMI wants that to be a licensed activity, I have no problem
with that.  And, I don't see how any of this has anything to do with
Debian.

--
Raul