Re: Linux mark extortion

Well, Linus purpose here is to keep people from using the mark for stuff that isn't Linux at all, and to keep someone from attempting to appropriate the mark and restrict others from doing so.

It's just the implementation that sucks.

This was done by OSDL lawyers or Gervaise Davis' law firm and they just didn't bother to consider us. Maddog administers this for Linus, and it's not clear to me what he was thinking in going this far without bringing Debian in for at least a look over the terms.

I think we need to marshall our objections to bring them to Maddog as a group.

    Thanks

    Bruce