Re: DTrace licensing

On 5/31/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> After a quick glance, I would say that the CDDL is almost precisely
> the same license as the GPL -- once you strip away the FSF's untruths
> surrounding the GPL and construe it under California law ...

Perhaps I should add that my opinions about the legal significance of
the GPL, and a fortiori about the FSF's conduct surrounding it, do not
represent anything resembling a debian-legal consensus.  But I think
there will be few who do not agree that the CDDL and GPL don't mix at
the level you are looking at, which involves intrusive changes to the
Linux kernel source code.

Cheers,
- Michael
(IANAL, IANADD either)