Re: broadcom proposed firmware licence, please comment ...

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > + * Permission is hereby granted for the distribution of this firmware data
> > + * in hexadecimal or equivalent format, provided this copyright notice is
> > + * accompanying it.

Just a minor question here:

Would we actually be distributing the hexadecimal format, or would we
be distributing the packed binary[1] representation of the hexadecimal
format?

While it's probably ok the way it is written, if they're going to go
through the trouble of drafting a change, they should make it clear
that it's also ok to distribute the firmware data in the packed binary
form, assuming that's actually what will be distributed.

Don Armstrong

1: By this, I mean hexadecimal: "Ox39,0x37" -> packed binary: '97'
--
She was alot like starbucks.
IE, generic and expensive.