Re: RES: What makes software copyrightable anyway?

One other thing I should note about the "GPL reasoning" in the
Progress v. MySQL case.

In her assessment that no harm was likely, the judge could have
been considering that Progress would be estopped from pursuing
infringement charges against people releasing derivatives of
Gemini under the GPL.

The potential reasoning, here, would be that any infringement
charges against such hypothetical GPLed works would
apply equally to Gemini itself.

Unfortunately, Saris did not go into this kind of detail, so we
can only speculate.

--
Raul