Re: Where to put Open Transport Tycoon (openttd)

On 5/17/05, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> "it" = "the definition of 'derivative work under copyright law', and
> hence of 'work based on the Program'"

And, hence, something that's licensed under the GPL.

> > I agree -- especially since it's the grant of license which is being
> > construed here:
> >
> > If it's construed narrowly, this simply means that the licensee wasn't
> > granted license for that case.
>
> You are so utterly and deliberately misrepresenting my argument, and
> the implication of "construed narrowly" in this context, as to
> entirely lose my respect.

I'm not claiming that this is your argument.

I'm claiming that this is the structure of the GPL.

I think your "entirely lose my respect" quip means
that you think that license isn't needed for some cases
because license has already been granted for other
cases.  Or maybe not.  I certainly can't claim that
I understand your arguments -- I have to guess
to figure out what it is you think you're saying.

--
Raul