Re: Where to put Open Transport Tycoon (openttd)

"Michael K. Edwards" <m.k.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you read any of the OpenTTD web site?  Here's a couple of
> snippets from the "About" page:
>
> <quote>
> An open source clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe".
>
> OpenTTD is modeled after the original Transport Tycoon game by Chris
> Sawyer and enhances the game experience dramatically. Many features
> were inspired by TTDPatch while others are original. [...]
> </quote>
> This is precisely the relationship that a game sequel bears to the original=
> . [...]

I disagree. A sequel would have (a) different game/s and not just
a different game engine. This seems much closer to an alternative
player for the same files (the mplayer model) than the Duke
Nukem case you cited repeatedly, as far as I can tell.

I'm also disappointed by the mix of personal attacks, analogies,
detailed case specifics and foreign languages in this thread.
Please try to explain to the laymen instead of handwaving.

--
MJR/slef