Re: Need advice for dual licensing

On May 13, 2005, at 10:36 AM, Svante Signell wrote:
Anybody got a good advice for how to dual license some of the software
I've developed. I would like to use GPL for non-commercial use (e.g.
private persons and universities) and a commercial license for
companies.

I could be wrong, but I see no means of doing this. The reason being that once someone has received the code under the GPL you have no control over them redistributing it via the GPL license they go it under. Thus the following scenario:

- private individual receives your software under the GPL
- private individual posts it on a web server for download under the GPL
- commercial organization downloads the GPL version.

--
Jamin W. Collins