Re: GPL and linking

On 5/11/05, Humberto Massa <humberto.massa@almg.gov.br> wrote:
> Raul Miller wrote:
> >Once again: if Section 0 does not apply, then the GPL does not apply,
> >and therefore the GPL can't grant you license to copy that work.
>
> Ok... are you arguing that you *still* have to comply to the license of
> the non-GPLd parts? If so, yes, you are right. But where (in practice)
> does this takes us eg, IRT libsnmp (which was the start of the discussion)?

If the GPL does not apply, all parts are non-GPLed parts.

The question with libsnmp is whether the routing daemon uses the SSL
functionality.  If not, there should be no problem -- it's mere aggregation,
and we're just being sloppy about our packaging.  If the routing daemon
does use the SSL code then we've got a licensing problem.

--
Raul